Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Totem Bight Historical Park on a Sunny Day - July 12

Two sunny days in a row! So out again to capture the colors! This time to Totem Bight Historical Park which is north of Ketchikan. Here are several of the totems. I talked about these in a previous post so I will just show the pictures, which are much more colorful.




And some of the beautiful rainforest...



I know this is the back of the totem pole. However, it is what I wanted to show. Notice how the actual totem pole is not in the ground, but is attached to another pole which gets buried deep. This helps to prevent damage to the actual pole.










And more fantasy driftwood. I imagine so many creatures as I see the different pieces of driftwood. I wish I could collect and display them all, but some of these are very large. I hope others that come to this area enjoy them as much as I do.












 This one is so awesome and it was huge.















More "waiting for the bus" pictures...

 That is my backpack next to the phone booth. I carry it with me everywhere I go. I didn't even bring a purse to Alaska.


Across the road. How would you like to live in that house???

No comments:

Post a Comment